September 26, 2014

DIY Coffee Mugs

I been wanting to make these personalized mugs for days!! Well it's been more like forever. I finally made my way to buy a few ceramic mugs and grab some Oil based Permanent Markers. I had been reading a few different blogs on what works and apparently regular sharpies aren't too great so I went ahead and bought the Oil Based Sharpies. You can find them at hobby lobby. 

I made 4 different ones just because I was so excited and I did a front and back to each one. 

Here's the first one that I absolutely love!!
Here's the back side

Here's the second one..
How hilarious is that!! Okay here's the back side

And the third..

And of course the back..

And finally the fourth.. I love this one too!!
And the back

I love Disney so of course I had to make a Princess one. 

Here's what you do:
1. Clean your mugs and rub it with rubbing alcohol first so that the oils and stuff don't mess with the marker.
2. You can use stencils or whatever to make your writing prettier. I free handed it all, but I did have some mistakes all I did to clean it off and start over was hairspray and a kitchen towel and it comes off and then I removed the smears with a wet napkin.
3. Once your done let it sit for a bit so the ink can completely dry.
4. Turn on your over to 425 degrees and let the mugs sit in there for 35 minutes. (I put the mugs in there while it was preheating so they wouldn't crack or explode lol)
5. Let them sit in your over after you turn it off so they can cool off. That may take a few hours.
6. Wash them once again and sip, sip, sip!

I think I'll be making some of these as mini Christmas gifts as well. 






No comments:

Post a Comment