July 31, 2014

Taco Salad

This is one of my husbands favorite dishes and it's super super easy! I honestly had never had this before and one day he was telling me how much he was craving it. He is the pickiest eater in the world so for him to crave something is music to my ears. My sweet mother in law shared this master piece with me.


What you need:
Lettuce (you can get a lettuce head and chop it up, I cheated I bought the Roma lettuce bags where it was already cut in pieces)
Ground beef, turkey, or chicken (your preference)
Tortilla chips 
Olives
Tomatoes
Fiesta Cheese
& the secret is French Dressing

First you cook your ground meat and add taco mix with 1/4 cup of water. I didn't have any taco mix so I made my own. 

Here's what I used:

Garlic Powder, Orgeano, ground cumin, chil powder, black pepper, onion powder and salt. The ground cumin and chili powder is what makes the taco mix taste yummy!!

So once your meat is done let it sit so it can cool down. 

And then it gets easier. 

1. Add your washed salad to a bowl (I get icky if I don't wash it, that's just me though)

2. Add the French Dressing little by little till it's pretty much covered but not drenched.

3. Throw in your ground meet of preference, olives (you can slice them, my hubby just likes them whole), and tortilla chips. You can also add diced tomatoes I did but just on my plate (the hubby dislikes tomatoes).


4. Serve and top it off with some shredded fiesta cheese. 

Nom nom!! 







No comments:

Post a Comment